Thursday, December 23, 2010

Retirement Projects

Of course, my most special retirement project since last summer has been caring for our grandson, Hudson Gallagher Fors.  We joined the Kansas City Zoo and during the summer and fall we managed to visit the zoo at least once a week.  Although Hudson seemed more interested in watching the children, Joe and I enjoyed the walks.  The zoo is really a great walking zoo. Hudson always dresses for the excursions.
We will look after Hudson almost daily until he ready to transition to daycare and then preschool.  Since we live so close to these schools we will be able to do the drop off, pick up, and after school care.  Should be fun.  He is such a joy.

However, when we weren't watching Hudson, I enjoyed making things.  I made wine cork wreaths last winter.


Our daughter, Emily, loves to entertain, and is the hostess for many couples' baby showers.  I made a couple of diaper cakes, and my latest experiment was making a diaper trike.  These are really easy and fun to make.



No comments:

Post a Comment