Sunday, March 6, 2011

Tiny Minds

Having been in the education profession for most of my adult life, I take pride in my technology knowledge and skills.  I tried to keep up with the "kids" in my classroom and my own children.  Emily and I have done face time on our iPhones, we even did a three party video chat with our daughter Maureen a few years ago when she was in Germany studying.  Emily can "see" Hudson anytime she wants to during the day using video chat.

Now that Maureen is in Berlin completing research for her PhD, we manage to "see" her most days for a chat.  Since we provide daycare for our 10 month old grandson, Hudson, he gets to see his Aunt Maureen most days.  She can watch him crawl and pull himself up on the furniture.  He gets so excited when her face pops up on the computer screen.  He even reaches for her to pick him up.  Amazing.  I can't help wondering what Hudson's world will be like when he can see his Aunt in Berlin on a daily basis.  Maureen even turned her computer around so we could see the view of the famous TV tower and church out her balcony.  It boggles the mind that I can see out Maureen's apt. window in Berlin while sitting on my couch in Prairie Village, KS.

Below is a screen capture that Maureen did while Hudson, Joe and I were visiting with her last week.

We received an iPad from the kids for Christmas.  Hudson goes crazy over it.  It is just his size.  He really wants to take control over it.  His world will be unimaginable.

1 comment: